Workshop & Training Terms & Conditions
1. A non-refundable booking fee of £50 is required within 7 days of the invoice being issued to secure the date.
2. The remaining balance is due no later than 30 days before the date of the workshop or training session. If you are booking less than 30 days in advance, the full amount is required within seven days of the invoice being issued.
3. If a workshop is purchased as a gift, payment of the full cost of the workshop is required within 7 days of the invoice being issued. Workshops purchased as gifts are not eligible for a refund although recipients may upgrade the workshop if they wish.
4. If paying via PayPal, you will need to add a handling fee of £15 to the invoice amount unless paying for a group workshop where this fee is calculated into the total cost of the workshop.
5. If a workshop is cancelled by the participant more than 7 days of the workshop:
a) You will be offered to attend another workshop on a different date.
b) You will receive a refund minus the booking fee amount for that particular workshop or one-to-one training session.
6. If a workshop is cancelled by the client less than seven days in advance, no refunds will be given.
7. James Abbott reserves the right to cancel any workshop or training session due to several factors. Please see below:
a) If the weather is unfavourable and both parties agree that the workshop should not go ahead, the client will be given the choice to select a mutually agreeable date if a 1-2-1 workshop or to choose another workshop. If you are unable to make another date then you will be refunded minus the booking fee. I will always endeavour to give 48 hours notice in these cases. If you wish for the workshop to go ahead, as long as there are no safety concerns we will go ahead as planned although suitable alternative locations for the weather conditions may be sought.
b) In circumstances such as extreme weather, illness or emergencies. In these instances, I endeavour to provide as much notice as possible and you will be given the choice to either re-book your training session or to receive a full refund.
c) Client numbers are too low (group workshops only).
8. In the case of small group workshops where there may be more than 1 participant involved unless all parties agree to cancel the workshop will go ahead. Refund of the associated fee for that individual is subject to the terms in points #5 and #6.
9. James Abbott aims to provide the most enjoyable and successful session possible given the weather conditions. However, I take no responsibility for the weather as it is outside of my control. We will always seek to find alternative locations to suit the conditions where necessary.
10. James Abbott does not accept liability for any extra expenses incurred due to cancellations. Including, but not limited to hotels, train tickets, fuel etc.
11. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the workshop or training session. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the workshop (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas workshops), loss of baggage and personal money, and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
12. James Abbott does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by the delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the client.
13. James Abbott does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily injury or illness caused to any clients booking a workshop unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission by James Abbott (while acting in the course of employment). Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.
14. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate insurance for personal belongings such as camera equipment, money and personal effects. These are not covered by my insurance on the day and you should seek your own personal insurance for these. James Abbott will not accept responsibility for such items.
15. James Abbott reserves the right to change the itinerary at any point due to the influence of the weather and ground conditions. Any changes will be advised with as much notice as possible. If the changes are due to safety, then James Abbott will seek to change the date of the workshop.
16. James Abbott reserves the right to cancel any workshop if I perceive the client to be unsafe through fault of their own. In these situations, the workshop will end and no refund will be given.
17. By paying a booking fee or paying for a training session or workshop in full, you are accepting these terms and conditions which forms a legally binding contract. If you are purchasing on behalf of a third party, you are accepting the terms & conditions on their behalf.
18. Any challenges to these terms & conditions are subject to English Law and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.